Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley & Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary day tour
Enjoy a day tour in the Victorian countryside just outside of Melbourne. Start your tour chugging along on the Puffing Billy Steam Train through the cool fern gullies and rolling countryside of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges.
Then experience the beautiful verdant hills and prosperous vineyards of the Yarra Valley and visit Healesville Sanctuary and its 200 species of native Australian wildlife.
Australia's most renowned steam train, Puffing Billy, winds its way through lush ferns and towering timbers. Victoria's wine region unfolds beyond the mountains, offering great wine and cuisine. Nestled in the foothills is Healesville Sanctuary where you can stroll amongst koalas, kangaroos, platypus, kookaburras, dingoes and more.
Your tour includes the following highlights:
- Enjoy the lush ferns and dense forests of the nearby Dandenong Ranges
- Beautiful Sherbrooke Forest is home to lyrebirds, crimson rosellas, cockatoos and kookaburras, look out for these native birds
- Enjoy a traditional morning tea of Aussie billy tea, lamingtons and vegemite crackers
- Ride the restored Puffing Billy Steam Train for a memorable journey on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway
- Tour the Yarra Valley's beautiful verdant hills and prosperous vineyards
- Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch at Fergusson Winery while sampling some local wines
- Relax as you sample superb regional wines and take in the stunning views of the vineyard
- Visit Healesville Sanctuary, home to over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles
- Wander among Australia's unique birds and animals in the natural bushland setting of Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, Australia's premier wildlife and nature sanctuary
- Get up-close to koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, cockatoos, parrots and much more
- Witness the amazing and exciting Eagles Fly demonstration within the sanctuary