Warrook Cattle & Sheep Farm, Koalas & Penguin Parade Day Tour from Melbourne
Head out of Melbourne for the day and experience life on a real, working Australian farm. Experience a taste of the ‘true-blue' Australian farming lifestyle at Warrook, a 300 acre working cattle farm situated one hour from Melbourne.
See the historic homestead with its antique furniture, take a hayride, watch sheep dogs in action or try milking a cow. Afterwards, top off your day on the farm with an evening visit to Phillip Island to see the ever-popular Penguin Parade.
Your of your Warrook Farm and Phillip Island Penguin Parade tour include:
- Experience genuine Australian country hospitality at Warrook Farm, a ‘fair dinkum' cattle and sheep property ” Feed the kangaroos, wombats and baby farm animals
- Watch the sheep dogs run through their paces as they muster sheep
- ‘Click go the shears' during the interesting sheep shearing demonstration out in the shed or barn
- Lunch includes Red-gum smoked roast beef or marinated chicken with fresh seasonal local produce loaded with lots of secret Australian bush herbs…Yum
- Visit the Koala Conservation Centre and learn about these cuddly creatures
- Stroll along the elevated boardwalks to view koalas in their natural habitats
- View spectacular coastal scenery at Nobbies (summer only), two rocky outcrops abundant in marine life. From the walkway, you may catch a glimpse of Australia's largest population of fur seals
- Browse through the educational Phillip Island Visitors Information Centre
- Consider some optional up-close penguin packages
- Take your place in special viewing stands to watch the daily evening ritual of the wild Little Penguins
- Watch the Little Penguin parade at dusk, as they exit the surf and waddle to their nests