Phillip Island: Penguins, Koalas & Kangaroos Day Tour from Melbourne
Get up close to Australia's famous wildlife on a day trip to Phillip Island. You'll see the little penguins, koalas, wallabies, kangaroos and seals on this full day tour from Melbourne.
Your Phillip Island excursion includes a visit to Warrook Cattle Farm, the Koala Conservation Center and the famous Penguin Parade. You also have the option of enhancing your Penguin Parade experience with a choice of three viewing vantage points.
The little penguins provide a wonderful spectacle as they break free of the surf and waddle home across the sand at dusk at Phillip Island. Phillip Island is home to an astounding array of wildlife, including koalas, Australia's largest fur seal colony and, of course, the little penguins.
- Travel to Melbourne's bayside suburbs of St. Kilda and Brighton, visit Warrook, a working cattle farm in the prosperous Gippsland region. Enjoy the opportunity to pat and feed kangaroos, wallabies and a host of farm animals.
- You'll encounter koalas in their natural habitat at the Koala Conservation Center. View spectacular coastal scenery at Nobbies, two rocky outcrops abundant in marine life. From the walkway, see Australia's largest population of fur seals living along the rugged southern coastline. Browse through the educational Phillip Island Visitors Information Center and visit the popular seaside town of Cowes - the main town on Phillip Island and a holiday retreat for fishermen and beach lovers.
Choose one of the following three upgrades to enhance your Penguin Parade experience:
- Choose the Penguin Plus View Platform upgrade to have a unique up-close and interactive penguin viewing with commentary provided by an eco-qualified ranger. There's excellent penguin viewing from the wooden seating and boardwalks.
- The Private Penguin Parade option is limited to a maximum of 10 people per group, making your interactive penguin viewing and personal ranger commentary more private and personal. You'll be supplied with a warm waterproof jacket, a mat so you can sit comfortably on an exclusive viewing area of the beach, plus a headset for live commentary and a guided tour of the Penguin Parade visitors center.
- The Penguin Skybox gives you the option of viewing the Phillip Island Penguin Parade from an exclusive elevated viewing tower, accompanied by a personal ranger.